This Blog is no longer receiving active posts due to a family loss which lead to the forced sale of the Pollinator Potager's location. I am pleased to relate that the garden is still being tended by the new property owner, for which I am grateful. The memories of my Pollinator Potager Project will remain here, and in my heart.

Thursday 13 April 2017

Greenhouse Window

Click on Image to Enlarge
My South Facing Greenhouse Window

This is a shout out to my marvelous husband, who built me a lovely functional greenhouse window in the unused space above my kitchen sink.

Employing an extra white wire closet shelf, a scrap piece of oak found in our garage and some serious elbow grease; within an hour Doug had transformed useless space into a beautiful greenhouse-like seedling starter location in a south-facing window.

The shelves are easily and completely removable, should I choose to take them down over the winter; however, I think they'd be a great location for houseplants during the colder months. In addition to the portability, the location of the shelves - right over the kitchen sink - makes it impossible for me to forget to water and tend the seedlings.

With respect to form and function, I'm simply delighted with the result of my greenhouse window; and, my seedlings are growing, as my husband says, "Like they are on steroids."

Many thanks, Doug, for a project very well done!