This Blog is no longer receiving active posts due to a family loss which lead to the forced sale of the Pollinator Potager's location. I am pleased to relate that the garden is still being tended by the new property owner, for which I am grateful. The memories of my Pollinator Potager Project will remain here, and in my heart.

Saturday 7 July 2018

Fresh Fruit

The Dollar Store Suet turned Fruit Feeder
Enhancing our Garden






Last year, I bought a suet feeder from the dollar store, which became lost in the hall closet. I found it again this week; and, realized it could also be filled with fresh fruit for birds and insects to feed upon.

Sliced oranges, melons, berries, apples, etc., are attractive and enticing, as much as they are nutritious to the hungry wildlife visiting our pollinator-friendly garden. A fruit-feeder is also a great vehicle for using up over-ripe fruit, forgotten in the crisper.

This low-cost fruit-feeder certainly looks attractive in my garden; and, as it's serving an important purpose, I’m planning on making it a feature in my garden for at least the remainder of the growing season.