This Blog is no longer receiving active posts due to a family loss which lead to the forced sale of the Pollinator Potager's location. I am pleased to relate that the garden is still being tended by the new property owner, for which I am grateful. The memories of my Pollinator Potager Project will remain here, and in my heart.

Wednesday 20 June 2018

Next Year, Maybe


Several years ago when my Aunt Miriam was downsizing, she gave me an outdoor cafe table with a glass top. 

The first year, it vacationed on my back deck. The following year, it took up residence in my side pollinator patch on which potted plants lived out the next two summers.

This summer, when I relocated my tomatoes from the front porch to the sunnier driveway, I moved the cafe table to the front corner of the porch.

My plan was that I would be able to sit with my laptop overlooking the garden and write; however, I quickly discovered that I couldn't see the laptop screen in the sunny outdoors.

The best laid plans, eh?

Anyway, not to be deterred, I put two reasonably weather-proof IKEA stools outside under the table and a pretty potted plant on top; and re-purposed my creation as a place to sup tea and admire my handiwork in the garden below.

I love the look of the table on the porch; and with the tomatoes growing well in their new home near the watering hose, the porch actually looks much bigger.

Now, if it only had a pergola overhead, the shade would allow me to use my laptop outdoors, as originally planned ...  Next year, maybe.