This Blog is no longer receiving active posts due to a family loss which lead to the forced sale of the Pollinator Potager's location. I am pleased to relate that the garden is still being tended by the new property owner, for which I am grateful. The memories of my Pollinator Potager Project will remain here, and in my heart.

Tuesday 19 June 2018

Stewed Rhubarb


It's been a long time coming, but I finally managed to grow and store enough rhubarb to cook up a tasty treat for my mom, who has always loved stewed rhubarb or strawberry rhubarb pie.

I simmered the small harvest with some water and granulated sugar; and, served the tasty concoction to my mom over vanilla ice cream.

My new gardening friend, Marjorie, has offered me some of her rhubarb in the fall, to supplement our small planting; so, hopefully mom will be able to enjoy a rhubarb treat more often in the future.

Only time will tell, but this year's small harvest fills me with optimism.