This Blog is no longer receiving active posts due to a family loss which lead to the forced sale of the Pollinator Potager's location. I am pleased to relate that the garden is still being tended by the new property owner, for which I am grateful. The memories of my Pollinator Potager Project will remain here, and in my heart.

Tuesday 15 August 2017

Busy Bee

Click on Photo to Enlarge
I love the Iridescent Quality in the
Movement of the Bee's Wings, as it Hovers
Over the Butterfly Bush Flowers!

We had a slow start with our pollinators this summer season, perhaps because of the cool temperatures early on and all the rain; however, activity has certainly picked up in the last couple of weeks. 

Lately we've been thoroughly enjoying the butterfly and bee activity in our side pollinator patch, especially on the butterfly bushes. Patience certainly pays off.

While photographing Monarch Butterflies, I snapped the picture above of this busy bee. So intent on it's mission, my little invasion caused not a bit of interest.

I don't always take great wildlife photos, but I love the iridescent quality in the movement of the tiny pollinator's wings, as it literally hovers over the bright purple fragrant flower blossoms in this picture.