This Blog is no longer receiving active posts due to a family loss which lead to the forced sale of the Pollinator Potager's location. I am pleased to relate that the garden is still being tended by the new property owner, for which I am grateful. The memories of my Pollinator Potager Project will remain here, and in my heart.

Tuesday 22 August 2017

Sprinkler Fun

Click on Image to Enlarge
Sprinkler Fun While Watering the Garden

Ask any gardener, and they'll tell you that gardening is a great deal of work, but can also be a lot of fun. They'll also tell you that much depends, success-wise, on sunshine and rain.

Early on in this growing season, Mother Nature presented gardeners with a modicum of sunshine and a lot of rain - A LOT OF RAIN!

Watering by hose, therefore, didn't become an issue until mid-to-late July: A refreshing development, actually, to both my environmental sensibilities and my pocketbook.

When irrigation of my plants did finally become necessary, unexpected albeit entertaining benefits occurred: 
1. Grand-daughter, Mattie-Belle re-discovered the thrill of running through the garden sprinkler; and, it mattered not a bit to her, the chilly water temperature of the sprinkler fun.
2. As usually happens when watching the happy innocence of children behaving as children do, Mattie-Belle's delight put a huge smile on my face.
3. Mattie-Belle didn't know it, but her Grandad was controlling the height of the water by crimping and un-crimping the hose from the porch, and her occasional surprise dousing put a smile on his face.
4. I was compelled to take a dozen or so candid pictures and this one brief funny video.


Have a look - It's a very short clip, but will likely put a smile on your face, too!