This Blog is no longer receiving active posts due to a family loss which lead to the forced sale of the Pollinator Potager's location. I am pleased to relate that the garden is still being tended by the new property owner, for which I am grateful. The memories of my Pollinator Potager Project will remain here, and in my heart.

Thursday 5 October 2017

Global Warming

Click on Image to Enlarge
Our Forsythia Bush Blooming in October

There's been a lot of conversation over, at least, the last decade about global warming; and, much dissension lately about whether it's a real phenomenon or "fake news."

Scientists believe that planet earth is almost at the point of no return, regarding global warming; but, world leaders seem unwilling or unable to unite behind the mounting scientific data.

For me, a forsythia bush blooming in my garden during the first week of October has reinforced my personal belief that global warming is likely very serious.

I won't know until spring whether my forsythia bush will flower again when it's supposed to, or whether its blooming confusion has caused permanent harm. Similarly, we won't know for sure if global warming is at the point of no return until our planet is on the verge of irreparable disaster.

With that in mind, we must continue to apply pressure to those with the political clout and financial wherewithal to change laws and global mindset. Only by erring on the side of caution will the questionable fail to become the inevitable.