This Blog is no longer receiving active posts due to a family loss which lead to the forced sale of the Pollinator Potager's location. I am pleased to relate that the garden is still being tended by the new property owner, for which I am grateful. The memories of my Pollinator Potager Project will remain here, and in my heart.

Saturday 14 October 2017

Meager Harvest

Click on Image to Enlarge
A Meager But Edible Harvest

With frost warnings approaching, I decided to harvest the last of my green tomatoes, one of few remaining carrots, and my Spanish onions.

It's a meager harvest, but edible none-the-less; and, one that doesn't include the strawberries, tomatoes, and potatoes harvested earlier or the sweet bell peppers that are still ripening on our front porch.

Next year, I intend to increase my harvest by planting more of what grew well in my small urban environment: Eliminating plants that failed to produce in any meaningful way or proved incompatible with our growing environment.

Winter, of course, will be the time for further research and reflection; although I already know that potatoes and tomatoes will be foundation vegetables and fruits in my Potager next year.  

That said, our meager harvest doesn't feel like a disappointment: For me, at least, this summer has been a great learning experience and tremendous fun. I can't help but look forward to next year.